Thieves steal valuable items from house in Clifton
THIEVES have stolen sentimental and valuable items from an elderly man in a village.
The burglary happened earlier this month at a property in Clifton sometime between 9.45am on Sunday November 4 and 1.30pm on Thursday November 8 while the elderly man was away on a break.
During these times the offenders forced open a side window and carried out a search of the property in Spring Road, Clifton.
The burglars stole a men’s gold watch which was given to the victim for his long service prior to retirement and had an engraved message on the back.
The thieves also stole a jewellery box which contained another gold watch and a selection of cufflinks, and a jar of loose change.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Verity McCann, is keen to hear from anyone who was in Spring Road during the periods mentioned and may have seen anything suspicious.
She would also like to hear from anyone who may have been offered any of the items.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 10 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
If you have information relating to this incident, call DC McCann on 01234 275285, or the the non-emergency number 101, or text information to 07786 200011.