Thieves steal valuable items from house in Clifton
THIEVES have stolen sentimental and valuable items from an elderly man in a village.
The burglary happened earlier this month at a property in Clifton sometime between 9.45am on Sunday November 4 and 1.30pm on Thursday November 8 while the elderly man was away on a break.
During these times the offenders forced open a side window and carried out a search of the property in Spring Road, Clifton.
The burglars stole a men’s gold watch which was given to the victim for his long service prior to retirement and had an engraved message on the back.
The thieves also stole a jewellery box which contained another gold watch and a selection of cufflinks, and a jar of loose change.
Detective Constable Verity McCann, is keen to hear from anyone who was in Spring Road during the periods mentioned and may have seen anything suspicious.
She would also like to hear from anyone who may have been offered any of the items.
- 1 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 2 'Expect delays' during week-long gas works at Stevenage roundabout
- 3 Luke Turley: 'I was told to be a hitter not a tripper'
- 4 August 2022 weekend closure planned for A602 near Watton-at-Stone
- 5 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 6 Van 'tactically stopped' on A1(M) after alleged attempted vehicle theft
- 7 Deserved win for Stevenage over Stockport says Steve Evans but it was definitely in doubt
- 8 Music festival Old Town Live set to return with stages in High Street and venues across Stevenage Old Town
- 9 Thameslink suffers 'staff shortage' with weekend disruption planned
- 10 Player ratings: Who stood out as Stevenage beat Stockport County?
If you have information relating to this incident, call DC McCann on 01234 275285, or the the non-emergency number 101, or text information to 07786 200011.