Thieves steal Stevenage family’s bikes in night time garage raid
- Credit: Archant
A mother described the moment her son came back from school to find thieves had stolen all their family’s bikes.
Tamsin McLeish lives in Sefton Road in Stevenage with her partner and three children.
Overnight on November 6 thieves forced their way into the family’s garage through the window and took four bicycles. They also attempted to steal a moped, but were unable to because the steering lock was on, and they had damaged the starter motor and ignition in the process.
The family were unaware what was going on and only discovered when their son James wanted to go for a bike ride the next day.
Tamsin said: “On the morning the five of us left as normal but didn’t notice anything. It was only when my son James, who was at home due to the Marriotts School fire a couple of days previously, wanted to go for a bike that he noticed the break-in and alerted me.
“We have only been in the house since the beginning of August and it’s a quiet and friendly neighbourhood. This is the first time that something like this has happened to me and it has left me feeling very disappointed in people. It is sad that people do these things to others.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 10 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes