Thieves steal from Hitchin Town FC’s away team dressing room
- Credit: Archant
THIEVES targeted a football club at the weekend, stealing valuables from the away team’s dressing room.
Hitchin Town FC have issued an apology, after thieves took money and other possessions from the away changing rooms at Top Field on Saturday.
Evo-Stik Southern rivals Bideford FC were the targets of the attack.
HTFC chairman Terry Barratt said: “We are deeply upset that the Bideford dressing room was the subject to the theft of a number of items, including money and valuable possessions.
“We like to think of opposition clubs as our guests and friends, so we are very sorry for what is an unacceptable situation.
You may also want to watch:
“I can assure Bideford and future visitors to our club that we will make every attempt to find out how this happened. We will not rest until we have ruled out all possibilities.”
The club is now investigating the theft and says it will make changes to its security regime.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 4 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 7 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
It includes providing a bag for valuables, giving opposition clubs keys to their dressing room, and providing a small safe.
Police are also investigating.