Thieves restrain pensioner in Ashwell burglary
AN 80-YEAR-OLD woman suffered shock and sustained bruising to her face, wrists and ankles when she was restrained by thieves burgling her home.
Detectives are appealing for information following the incident in Ashwell - The Comet is not identifying the road in order to protect the victim.
Offenders gained entry through a side door just before 7pm last Tuesday, before restraining the victim.
A spokesman for Herts Police said jewellery “which is of great sentimental value and worth a substantial amount of money” was stolen.
Detective Sergeant Mark Clawson said: “This was a despicable and cowardly crime against an elderly lady. I would urge anyone with information, who may have seen or heard anything in the area prior to or after 7pm that night, to get in contact with us as a matter of urgency.”
Anyone with information can contact DS Clawson on 101, quoting crime reference number G4/12/121, or alternatively call Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 4 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service