Thieves drive off in stolen JCB forklift truck after farm burglary
- Credit: Archant
A forklift truck has been stolen after thieves broke into a farmer’s yard and then used the vehicle to make their getaway.
A witness appeal has been launched following a burglary at Bury Farm on Holly Bush Lane, Datchworth, last Wednesday, July 2.
Offenders forced their way into the yard of the farm at about 5pm anyellow JCB telescopic loader (forklift vehicle) which they then drove away from the scene in, before closing the gate behind them.
Investigating officer PC Steve Adams, said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time and saw the incident take place to please get in contact.
“Maybe you saw someone acting suspiciously in the area in the days before the incident took place or you have been offered a forklift vehicle similar to the one stolen for sale. Any information you provide could help with my investigations.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call PC Adams on the non-emergency number 101 citing cr
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed