Thief who continued stealing in Stevenage while under suspended sentence is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A thief who continued stealing in Stevenage while subject to a suspended sentence has been jailed.
Andrew Crozier, of no fixed address, was handed a 20-week jail term after he admitted six counts of theft before Hatfield magistrates.
The 29-year-old was given a suspended prison sentence on September 24 after being convicted of stealing from a shop and failing to give a sample for drug testing.
After being arrested again, Crozier admitted stealing a Samsung camera from Stevenage’s Cash Converters store on September 15, Paris Hilton perfume from the Beauty Store in the Westgate four days later, and Gucci perfume from Boots on September 22.
While under the suspended sentence, he stole four handbags from TK Maxx in Stevenage town centre on October 20 and 22, and clothing from the nearby Primark outlet on October 31.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the prison term, chairman of the bench David Korn ordered Crozier to pay £50 compensation to Boots, £20 compensation to the Beauty Store, £100 compensation to Cash Converters and a £115 victim surcharge – a total bill of £285.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV