‘There was such a mess and so much blood’ – Police go door to door as they investigate sudden death of 26-year-old woman in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after the sudden death of a 26-year-old woman in Letchworth yesterday evening.
Officers are conducting door-to-door enquiries at properties near the address in Ivel Court on the Jackmans estate where the woman died.
The flat concerned, which is believed to be a North Hertfordshire Homes property, is above the shops at the centre of the estate.
One neighbour said this morning: “There was such a mess and so much blood, she’s had it bad. She was a very nice woman.”
Another elderly neighbour added: “Let’s hope she’s in a better place, bless her.”
You may also want to watch:
Police say that the investigation is still at a very early stage and officers are yet to confirm the circumstances of the death, but expect to issue more information later today.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
A spokesman for East of England Ambulance Service confirmed that they were called to the scene at 8.14pm last night.
A rapid response vehicle and an ambulance officer attended to treat a woman who was at first reported to be in her 30s, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
A fire alarm sounding in the building this morning brought a 999 crew to the scene, but after investigating they left the building just after 10am.