There’s more to come from us - Westley
Boro boss sees room for improvement following four-goal win over Cheltenham
GRAHAM WESTLEY says there is still plenty of room for improvement despite watching his side see off Cheltenham Town on Saturday.
Although Boro won 4-0 with goals from Byron Harrison (two), Mark Roberts and Michael Bostwick, they had goalkeeper Chris Day to thank for ensuring they went into half time with the two-goal advantage after he produced two excellent saves after some sloppy defending from his teammates.
“It was a good result if not an outstanding performance,” said Westley after the match.
“We relied too much on our goalkeeper and our centre-halves to secure the points which sounds bizarre after a 4-0 victory but the two centre-halves and the goalkeeper were excellent and were the reason we were ahead at half time.
You may also want to watch:
“Obviously I’m pleased we scored four goals but as a team we know we can play better.
“There’s been a lot of very good work this afternoon but also some bad habits that we will work hard on to nip in the bud and the lads will demand that of themselves.”
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 10 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
Saturday’s victory followed up two superb away wins at Crewe and Port Vale last week and Westley hopes his players can maintain this form going into the latter stages of the season.
He said: “Going into March it’s nice to be on this type of run because we always try to finish the season strongly and with the type of mentality we’ve got that tends to be a time when we have good times and we win lots of games. We’re looking forward to the run-in and we’re in a good mood.
“We just try to be a winning team and we’re trying to evolve into a winning team at this level (but) we can’t put that badge on us yet because we haven’t done enough winning to make that claim. But, I think we’re an improving side and improving is part of winning so we’re definitely getting better.
“We take the next game as it comes and next weekend it’s another away trip and we know we’ll have to be right on our game.”