The World’s End release date revealed
- Credit: Archant
THE release date of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost’s eagerly-awaited movie The World’s End, which was filmed in Letchworth GC, has been announced.
Written by actor Simon Pegg and director Edgar Wright, the apocalyptic comedy is due to hit the screens in the UK on August 14.
The movie – the third and final part of Pegg and Wright’s ‘Three Flavours Cornetto’ or ‘Blood and Ice Cream’ trilogy, following box office smashes Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz – was shot on location in Letchworth GC last year.
The World’s End stars Pegg, as Gary King and sees five childhood friends reunite and try to attempt again an epic pub crawl through their home town of Newton Haven.
When they were teenagers, the gang only managed nine of the 12 pubs on the list.
You may also want to watch:
The Goth-loving fortysomething is the one who drags his relucant pals on the 12-pub marathon, starting at The First Post and finishing at The World’s End.
But things don’t go as planned and the boys’ night out soon goes wrong.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
As they attempt to reconcile the past and present, they realise the real struggle is for the future, not just theirs, but humankind’s.