The World’s End release date revealed
- Credit: Archant
THE release date of Simon Pegg and Nick Frost’s eagerly-awaited movie The World’s End, which was filmed in Letchworth GC, has been announced.
Written by actor Simon Pegg and director Edgar Wright, the apocalyptic comedy is due to hit the screens in the UK on August 14.
The movie – the third and final part of Pegg and Wright’s ‘Three Flavours Cornetto’ or ‘Blood and Ice Cream’ trilogy, following box office smashes Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz – was shot on location in Letchworth GC last year.
The World’s End stars Pegg, as Gary King and sees five childhood friends reunite and try to attempt again an epic pub crawl through their home town of Newton Haven.
When they were teenagers, the gang only managed nine of the 12 pubs on the list.
The Goth-loving fortysomething is the one who drags his relucant pals on the 12-pub marathon, starting at The First Post and finishing at The World’s End.
But things don’t go as planned and the boys’ night out soon goes wrong.
- 1 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 2 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 4 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
- 7 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 8 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 9 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
- 10 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
As they attempt to reconcile the past and present, they realise the real struggle is for the future, not just theirs, but humankind’s.