The World’s End cast confirm return to Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
THE cast of this summer’s hotly anticipated film The World’s End will be coming back to Letchworth GC, where much of it was filmed, for a gala event before the end of the year, the production company confirmed.
Actor Simon Pegg and director Edgar Wright have promised a return visit.
The film which, premieres in London tonight (Wednesday), is about five friends united for a pub crawl they failed to finish in their youth.
The movie was largely shot in Letchworth GC, from September 2012 to March this year, and many locations are expected to crop up on screen, including the cinema and the railway station – which in the film is transformed into a pub.
Tickets for a midnight screening at Broadway Cinema on July 19 are on sale now, with a big attraction being the chance to watch The World’s End in one of the locations featured in the film.
You may also want to watch:
Broadway Cinema general manager, Jason Valentine, said: “It will be great to have them back. There’s a lot of excitement here about the film.”
Councillor Lynda Needham, leader of North Herts District Council said: “We’d be delighted to see them back in Letchworth, where they spent so much time filming.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
The World’s End is the third of a trilogy which also includes Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
It stars Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman, Paddy Considine, Rosamund Pike and Eddie Marsan, and is released on July 19.