The World’s End cast confirm return to Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
THE cast of this summer’s hotly anticipated film The World’s End will be coming back to Letchworth GC, where much of it was filmed, for a gala event before the end of the year, the production company confirmed.
Actor Simon Pegg and director Edgar Wright have promised a return visit.
The film which, premieres in London tonight (Wednesday), is about five friends united for a pub crawl they failed to finish in their youth.
The movie was largely shot in Letchworth GC, from September 2012 to March this year, and many locations are expected to crop up on screen, including the cinema and the railway station – which in the film is transformed into a pub.
Tickets for a midnight screening at Broadway Cinema on July 19 are on sale now, with a big attraction being the chance to watch The World’s End in one of the locations featured in the film.
Broadway Cinema general manager, Jason Valentine, said: “It will be great to have them back. There’s a lot of excitement here about the film.”
Councillor Lynda Needham, leader of North Herts District Council said: “We’d be delighted to see them back in Letchworth, where they spent so much time filming.”
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 3 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 6 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
The World’s End is the third of a trilogy which also includes Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.
It stars Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Martin Freeman, Paddy Considine, Rosamund Pike and Eddie Marsan, and is released on July 19.