‘The pavement was splattered with blood’ – Police close busy road after reports of Hitchin town centre stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A busy road in Hitchin town centre has been closed after reports of a stabbing in the town.
Bancroft has been closed following an incident outside Make A Shake.
A police spokesman confirmed they were called at 11.43am and said: “Officers are in attendance at Bancroft investigating an incident.
“The road is currently closed.”
An eyewitness told the Comet: “The pavement was blood splattered outside Make A Shake. The blood looked like it came from a wound that was dripping.
You may also want to watch:
”There are police everywhere, with the road cordoned off, and at least three squad cars and an ambulance here.”
Another eyewitness added: “There was what appeared to be a flick knife near the blood. I’m still shaking now. You don’t expect people to be stabbed in broad daylight in Hitchin.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go