The new Face of the salon winner revealed
A MODELLING contract and the chance to front a hair salon’s campaign has been snapped up.
The annual Face of the salon competition saw a record number of aspiring models enter as judges - including senior staff from the Letchworth GC business and The Comet editor Darren Isted - made their decision.
Serena Smith, of Henlow, was declared the winner and will spend the next year promoting the salon, as well as working for Herts Model Agency, owned by photographer Paul Winterton.
Although the 23-year-old, a graduate from Durham University, has done some modelling, she did not have high hopes.
“When I arrived and saw how stunning the other girls were, I have to say that I never expected to come anywhere, let alone first!” said Serena, who will also receive 12 months free hair care at the salon.
You may also want to watch:
Runner-up in the same region was Shefford resident Alex Greasby, 16, who studies at Samuel Whitbread School in Clifton.
All finalists were given a portfolio of photos and a goody bag, courtesy of hair care company Paul Mitchell.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 8 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5