The new face in town
A walk in the park has ended with a Stevenage woman having her face shown around the world. Louise Smith, 29, whose parents live in Caernarvon Close, Bragbury End, was walking in a Brixton park last summer when she was spotted by an agent working for a ma
A walk in the park has ended with a Stevenage woman having her face shown around the world.
Louise Smith, 29, whose parents live in Caernarvon Close, Bragbury End, was walking in a Brixton park last summer when she was spotted by an agent working for a major cosmetics company looking for a new face to launch its latest product.
Now Louise, a former pupil at John Henry Newman School, is the face on millions of bottles of Dove soft and silk body wash.
But the instant fame has not gone to her head. She has kept her regular job and wears a hard hat during the day as a site manager working to regenerate homes in London where she lives in Docklands with her boyfriend.
"I was walking around a country fair in Brixton when I was stopped by a casting agent and he asked me if I would be interesting in attending a photo shoot," said Louise who went to college in Stevenage and Hitchin where she studied make-up and beauty.
"Dove was launching a new promotion and they wanted a new face and I had to attend a few interviews where pictures were taken then I was told I had got the job.
- 1 New date for Stevenage Marks & Spencer opening
- 2 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 5 Couple sentenced for theft and fraud after stealing from elderly victims
- 6 Seriously injured assault victim waited FOUR hours in ambulance outside Lister
- 7 Driver disqualified after admitting to drinking wine at the wheel
- 8 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 9 Graffiti artist's NHS tribute in Stevenage underpass
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
"I certainly won't be giving up my day job but seeing my face on the bottles of Dove silk body wash when I am in the shops is really freaky and it is going all over the world. I wonder how many people in Stevenage will recognise me?"
Louise was paid £2,000 for being the face of Dove which she intends to put towards a holiday.
"I am going to Canada and then to Italy," said Louise who also worked in Stevenage bookmakers Jennings for a while after leaving college.
"But the whole business has been a great experience and a lot of fun.