The Misses prove a hit
TEN ladies from Comet country have been picked to appear in the final of Miss Hertfordshire 2007. The finalists got through the semi-final auditions which were held recently and will join 30 other ladies for the grand final, which will be held at the Gord
TEN ladies from Comet country have been picked to appear in the final of Miss Hertfordshire 2007.
The finalists got through the semi-final auditions which were held recently and will join 30 other ladies for the grand final, which will be held at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, on May 28.
Allissa Batson, Amy Farrell and Caitlin Ord are from Hitchin, Jessica Stanley, Sian Cooper, Vicki Jones and Vikki Johnson are from Stevenage, Saffron Swain is from Letchworth GC, Lydia Clarkson from Knebworth and Eleanor (Ellie) Jewitt is from St Ippolyts.
Speaking about the event, co-organiser Rhona Shafik said: "We have a lot planned for the girls but it will be a surprise. We're not saying at the moment what will be happening on the night.
You may also want to watch:
"Organising the event is hard work and stressful because we are dealing with people, but it all works out really well in the end."
This year's final will be co-hosted by last year's winner Hayley Kruse, who is from Stotfold but went to school in Baldock, and Steve Folland from Hertbeat fm.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
To order tickets for the event, contact the theatre box office on 08700 131 030; tickets are priced £12.
For more information, visit www.misshertfordshire.com