The master at work
TV master chef James Martin turned up the heat in a farmhouse kitchen when he launched a cookery school. Mr Martin lifted the lid on the opening lessons of the Adventure Gourmet Cookery School at Greenfield Farm, Ickwell, the home of Nick and Liz Burman,
TV master chef James Martin turned up the heat in a farmhouse kitchen when he launched a cookery school.
Mr Martin lifted the lid on the opening lessons of the Adventure Gourmet Cookery School at Greenfield Farm, Ickwell, the home of Nick and Liz Burman, on Thursday.
A regular of the Ready Steady Cook team whose popularity soared following his diversion into ballroom dancing, Mr Martin delighted his audience with his mischievous sense of humour and mouth-watering recipes including herb-crusted rack of lamb, baked chocolate and anise mousse and his amazing 10-minute strawberry gateau which proved that spectacular dishes do not mean spending hours in the kitchen.
He also showed how to make the perfect Yorkshire pudding with his grandmother's own recipe.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Hazzard, the school's resident chef, said: "James was a tremendous success as not only is he a very talented chef, he is also a great communicator.
"Everyone should feel comfortable about producing the dishes he demonstrated."
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 4 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 7 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
More great chefs are booked for the cookery school. For more information, log on to their website on www.adventuregourmet.com or call Liz, Nick or Peter on 01767 627101.