The Last Word: Stevenage boss Darren Sarll reviews Lincoln City
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage take on Crawley Town tonight at the Lamex after losing 2-1 at home against Lincoln City on Saturday.
Read on for the Boro boss Darren Sarll’s take on the disappointing defeat to the Imps.
Sarll on the loss
Every supporter here for Stevenage would agree when I say it was absolutely madness. It was madness, absolutely madness.
You give a foul away in the final third against Lincoln and they have got a million set-plays. The penalty comes from giving a silly set-play away.
11 v 11 we were miles the better side. 11 v 10 they got themselves on top and 10 v 10 I thought we got back on top again.
It was very disappointing [in terms of] the reaction and the manner of how we controlled the game [after] being a man up.”
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 3 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 4 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 7 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 8 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 9 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 10 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
On Luke Wilkinson’s sending off
I need to see it again. I can understand why the referee has done what he has done in that moment. Luke is my player and a good man so I want to make sure I make the right diagnosis.
If he has shown petulance towards the opponent then it is a massive lack of discipline. No-one suffers more than his teammates because he’s a positive performer for us and they suffer because of [his red card]. He knows that, we are all human beings. He is a passionate boy, he has made a mistake and he will obviously have to take the consequences of that.
Darren Sarll talked to the Stevenage FC website. For more visit www.stevenagefc.com