The Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival starts from 5pm today!
- Credit: Archant
Get your glasses at the ready as the 2015 Hitchin Beer & Cider Festival opens at Hitchin Rugby Club from 5pm tonight.
The annual three-day festival, which returns to the King George V Playing Fields in Old Hale Way for the third successive year, is organised by volunteers from North Herts Camra, Hitchin Round Table and Hitchin Rugby Club – who’ve been busy putting the finishing touches to make the 2015 effort the best yet.
Members from Hitchin Round Table and rugby club mascot Hedley the Hedgehog pitched up at Hitchin railway station on Friday night to hand out beer mats to commuters.
Festival organiser Jon Kirby commented: “We handed out lots of beer mats – and many of the returning commuters seemed really keen.
“We’ve grown over the past two years, we hope to have another great turnout over the weekend – and don’t forget to pick up our Hitchin Beer & Cider Festival T-shirt!”
You may also want to watch:
It’s £2.50 entry and £3 for an official festival pint glass, refundable on return. The festival continues from 12 noon until 11pm both tomorrow and on Saturday.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire