The Comet team up with Macmillan Cancer Support for ugly mug amnesty
DO you have an ugly mug? Well now is your chance to put it to good use and help raise money for charity. Macmillan Cancer Support has teamed up with The Comet to hold an ugly mug amnesty as part of the build-up to the charity s largest annual fundraising
DO you have an ugly mug? Well now is your chance to put it to good use and help raise money for charity.
Macmillan Cancer Support has teamed up with The Comet to hold an ugly mug amnesty as part of the build-up to the charity's largest annual fundraising event - the World's Biggest Coffee Morning on Friday, September 25.
Everyone has an ugly mug lurking at the back of a cupboard or sitting on a desk. Maybe it has seen better days, is behind the times, or is just plain hideous.
Along with your names, address and telephone number, email a photo of your mug to firstname.lastname@example.org or post a picture to The Comet at Bank House, Primett Road, Stevenage, SG1 3EE and Macmillan will send you a brand new Feel Good mug.
You may also want to watch:
The reader deemed to have the ugliest mug will also receive a prize.
This fun competition, which is jointly backed by The Comet and Hertbeat FM, does have a more serious side. It aims to highlight the World's Biggest Coffee Morning and encourage as many people as possible to take part in the fundraising event.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
All you have to do is invite your family and friends round for coffee and cake at your home and ask them to make a donation to Macmillan. Alternatively get your colleagues involved and hold a coffee morning at your workplace.
Register now by visiting www.macmillan.org.uk/coffee or calling 0845 602 1246.