14 beautiful pictures showcase snowy Stevenage and Hitchin
- Credit: CineCloud
Comet readers have been submitting their best pictures after a beautiful layer of snow covered Stevenage and North Hertfordshire over the weekend.
Flurries of snow throughout the day ensured Stevenage and North Herts were covered in a wintry white blanket on Sunday, January 24.
Many residents took the chance to enjoy this snow day with their families, with your pictures being sent in from Fairlands Lake, King George V Playing Fields, and back gardens adorned with snowmen.
Got a great snow picture to share with us? Please email email@example.com
You sent us shots of your picturesque walks, winter sledging and your best snowmen creations.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office continue to have a yellow weather warning in place for Herts until 11am today for ice, as sub-zero temperatures preserving Sunday's snowfall has also created an added ice risk.
With ice patches expected to cause disruption, the Met Office warn of icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths for those taking essential journeys. Some injuries may occur from slips and falls on icy surfaces.
- 1 Calls for extra hands to help uncover history-defining Roman bathhouse
- 2 Stevenage Charter Fair returns to town next week
- 3 Medical spa at the front of breaking down taboos about cosmetic treatments opens in Stevenage
- 4 CCTV appeal after distressing indecent exposure at leisure centre
- 5 Have your say on future of Stevenage High Street
- 6 Youths to be questioned by police in connection with fountain foam
- 7 MP Nadine Dorries promoted in cabinet reshuffle
- 8 Consultation opens on plans for 200 flats on Office Outlet site
- 9 Darcie's Wish fundraising back on track after 18 months
- 10 Woman suffers cuts and bruises in pub glassing