The Big Walk
Many, many thousands of pounds have been raised for local charities over a great number of years, from the Rotary Club of Letchworth Garden City s Annual Charity Walk. This year s event on Sunday, May 14 will start and finish, as usual, at The Highfield S
Many, many thousands of pounds have been raised for local charities over a great number of years, from the Rotary Club of Letchworth Garden City's Annual Charity Walk. This year's event on Sunday, May 14 will start and finish, as usual, at The Highfield School , 8.30am start (different finishing times) registration £1 per walker. The walk follows the route round the town's Greenway. There are several checkpoints and at Radwell Meadows and Manor Wood there will be refreshment points and toilets. Certificates signed by the club's president will be issued to walkers confirming the distances achieved. As usual, 25 per cent of the walkers' sponsorship money will go to the Rotary Club for its own charity work and the other 75 per cent will be retained by the walkers for distribution to their own charities and good causes. Everyone is welcome to take part, information and application forms from Rod Whitworth, walk organiser, on 630957. Writing about pounding the roads etc.makes me think about the two packets of crisps that were walking along the street. A passing car stopped and the driver asked if they would like a lift? "No thanks," said the crisps - "We're Walkers!