The £6,000 giveaway
CASH raised at the Biggleswade Carnival is now up for grabs Despite this year s carnival being hit by the World Cup and there being fewer floats than normal, it is expected the event generated around £6,000 which will be distributed to local organisations
CASH raised at the Biggleswade Carnival is now up for grabs
Despite this year's carnival being hit by the World Cup and there being fewer floats than normal, it is expected the event generated around £6,000 which will be distributed to local organisations and charities.
The carnival committee will be making donations earlier than in previous years and are inviting organisations to apply for the cash now.
"Despite the World Cup the carnival was a great success," said carnival chairman Jim Brady.
You may also want to watch:
"But it will be bigger and better next year and we have started planning for the event now.
"We want to bring a lot of new ideas into the carnival and with no major sporting events around to get in the way it should be a really great carnival.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine
"We have decided to make the donations early this year to get that business out of the way and then we can concentrate on planning next year's carnival."
To qualify for a donation from the carnival fund organisations must be in Biggleswade or the immediate area.
Applications must be made by Friday, August 4 and should be made to Carnival Grants, Diane Underwood, 102 Urban Way, Biggleswade, Beds SG18 OHT.