The £6,000 giveaway
CASH raised at the Biggleswade Carnival is now up for grabs Despite this year s carnival being hit by the World Cup and there being fewer floats than normal, it is expected the event generated around £6,000 which will be distributed to local organisations
CASH raised at the Biggleswade Carnival is now up for grabs
Despite this year's carnival being hit by the World Cup and there being fewer floats than normal, it is expected the event generated around £6,000 which will be distributed to local organisations and charities.
The carnival committee will be making donations earlier than in previous years and are inviting organisations to apply for the cash now.
"Despite the World Cup the carnival was a great success," said carnival chairman Jim Brady.
"But it will be bigger and better next year and we have started planning for the event now.
"We want to bring a lot of new ideas into the carnival and with no major sporting events around to get in the way it should be a really great carnival.
- 1 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 2 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 3 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 4 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 5 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 8 Why were they not at school? - a look at Hitchin's historical absence reports
- 9 'He was a good friend of Knebworth' - Knebworth House pays tribute to Bat Out of Hell singer Meat Loaf
- 10 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
"We have decided to make the donations early this year to get that business out of the way and then we can concentrate on planning next year's carnival."
To qualify for a donation from the carnival fund organisations must be in Biggleswade or the immediate area.
Applications must be made by Friday, August 4 and should be made to Carnival Grants, Diane Underwood, 102 Urban Way, Biggleswade, Beds SG18 OHT.