“That’s one hell of a tough draw” says Boro boss Westley on playing Everton in Capital One Cup
- Credit: Archant
STEVENAGE manager Graham Westley has vowed his team will go to Goodison Park and put on a display its supporters will be proud of against Premier League side Everton in the Capital One Cup second round.
The draw this morning, live on Sky Sports News, pitted Sky Bet League 1 side Boro with the Merseyside giants.
Westley’s side earned their place in the hat by defeating The Championship’s Ipswich Town 2-0 at The Lamex Stadium on Tuesday night.
The Boro boss told The Comet: “There will be two reactions [to the tie].
“One everybody knowing that that is one hell of a tough draw, a very, very big club, a difficult place to go we know what the mentality of their football club will be and just how tough it will be to walk in to that environment.
You may also want to watch:
“And on the other hand small clubs need big games that generate big gates in cups because of the obvious financial benefit.
“We will want to go there and do a job that this football club can be proud of.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
“It’s a really, really difficult tie, but we’re delighted to have it for obvious reasons and cometh the hour we will do our very best to get ready for it.”