‘Thanks to everyone for a fantastic Baldock Big Lunch 2015’
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds turned out for this year’s Baldock Big Lunch which was served up on Sunday in a sunny High Street.
Dishes from The White Lion pub, Taste Cafe, The Lancer Indian Cuisine, Cox’s Fish & Chips and Chapmans Butchers – which supplied the meat for the barbecue – satisfied around 400 stomachs as tunes from London-based PaNation Steel Band created a feel good vibe to the afternoon.
The annual community event, organised by the Baldock Town Partnership, also included a bouncy castle for youngsters and face painting fun.
Partnership director Fraser Valentine said: “We pulled out all the stops to lay on another very successful event for the community of Baldock.
“A big thank you to The White Lion pub, Taste Cafe, The Lancer Indian Cuisine, Cox’s Fish & Chips and Chapmans Butchers, who supplied their delicious meats for the barbecue, as well as Baldock Community Centre, Knights Templar School and St Mary’s Church for their support.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also like to thank all the people that turned out to support this fantastic event.”
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal