Tesco managers climb Mount Snowden
TWO Tesco workers climbed Mount Snowdon in order to raise money and awareness for Cancer Research UK.
The manager of Stevenage Tesco Extra, Alan Tarbuck, 50 from Shefford and Neal Matheson, 41, from Baldock
took part in the challenge to climb the highest peak in Wales.
The pair were part of a group of 22 Tesco store managers and a store director who joined forces to do the gruelling climb.
The group hope to raise �10,000 and contribute to the �10m record fundraising target that Tesco staff across the country are aiming to hit for Cancer Research UK in 2012.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to contribute, donations can be made through www.justgiving.com/Neal-Matheson or www.justgiving.com/Alan-Tarbuck.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 6 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket