Terence Vancooten wins Stevenage FC’s PFA Community Champion award
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Stevenage defender Terence Vancooten has been awarded the club’s PFA Community Champion for his contribution off the pitch this season.
The 21-year-old has been given the award for his work with Stevenage FC Foundation, being a prominent face in the Kid’s Zone outside the Lamex on matchdays, welcoming young supporters to home games.
Speaking about the award, Vancooten said: “It is an honour to win this award and be recognised for my community work this season.
“It is an important part of our jobs as football players and one I really enjoy.
“I hope to continue setting a positive example and doing everything I can to excel both on and off the pitch.”
You may also want to watch:
Joe Goude, head of Stevenage FC Foundation paid tribute to the Guyana international, saying: “It is great to see Terence get the recognition he deserves for the contribution he’s made to the club and foundation away from the Lamex this season.
“Having the support of the first team for our work is so important to help us positively impact the people and communities we work with and TVC gets that
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
“He has always been willing to get stuck in regardless of what we ask him to do and is fantastic at engaging with our participants, whether that be on a matchday, at one of our soccer camps or at a local primary school.
“I would like to personally thank TVC for setting a superb example and being a positive role model in our local community.”