Terence Vancooten wins Stevenage FC’s PFA Community Champion award
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Stevenage defender Terence Vancooten has been awarded the club’s PFA Community Champion for his contribution off the pitch this season.
The 21-year-old has been given the award for his work with Stevenage FC Foundation, being a prominent face in the Kid’s Zone outside the Lamex on matchdays, welcoming young supporters to home games.
Speaking about the award, Vancooten said: “It is an honour to win this award and be recognised for my community work this season.
“It is an important part of our jobs as football players and one I really enjoy.
“I hope to continue setting a positive example and doing everything I can to excel both on and off the pitch.”
You may also want to watch:
Joe Goude, head of Stevenage FC Foundation paid tribute to the Guyana international, saying: “It is great to see Terence get the recognition he deserves for the contribution he’s made to the club and foundation away from the Lamex this season.
“Having the support of the first team for our work is so important to help us positively impact the people and communities we work with and TVC gets that
- 1 Matalan store confirms closure date ahead of demolition to make way for flats
- 2 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 3 Road closed as emergency services attend crash in Stevenage
- 4 What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, May 17?
- 5 Pedestrians 'dicing with death' on new zebra crossing
- 6 Man dies after falling ill in town centre
- 7 'A lot more needs to be done' - Hitchin resident's petition for better street lighting in Westmill
- 8 Mental Health Awareness Week 2021: Students benefit from puppy power
- 9 Couple appeals to public to help find missing pension money
- 10 Marriotts School pays tribute to 'happy and vibrant' student Julia Blackham
“He has always been willing to get stuck in regardless of what we ask him to do and is fantastic at engaging with our participants, whether that be on a matchday, at one of our soccer camps or at a local primary school.
“I would like to personally thank TVC for setting a superb example and being a positive role model in our local community.”