Ten more wins are needed for Stevenage to stay up, according to boss Westley
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage boss Graham Westley knows his side need at least 10 wins from the next 23 games to avoid relegation from Sky Bet League 1.
Despite not playing New Year’s Day, after their home match with Gillingham was postponed, other results in the league did not favour Boro as they dropped to bottom of the standings with 19 points from 23 games, four points from safety with a game in hand.
With the club having played half of the season’s matches, Westley said: “We have had a tough start to our campaign and we need to win another 10 games to be a League 1 club next year.
“The job is there in front of us it doesn’t matter what the table looks like.
“In the end everyone will play 46 games and in the end everyone will play 23 at home and 23 away, the fact that we have played less games than other people, the fact that we’ve played 13 away games and 10 home games those things even themselves out come the end of the year so it’s where you are at the end of April/May that counts.
You may also want to watch:
“We have got to win 10 of our 23 games minimum and I’m sure we can do that.”
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash