Tell us a story…
FANCY yourself as the next Malcolm Pryce? The Comet is offering you the opportunity to see your work in print as part of our short story competition in association with 1book4stevenage, for which Pryce s comic thriller Aberystwyth, Mon Amour is this year
FANCY yourself as the next Malcolm Pryce?
The Comet is offering you the opportunity to see your work in print as part of our short story competition in association with 1book4stevenage, for which Pryce's comic thriller Aberystwyth, Mon Amour is this year's chosen title.
To be in with a chance of winning a collection of books supplied by Bloomsbury Publishing and book tokens courtesy of Ottakar's all you need to do is write a 400 word thriller set in Stevenage and send it in to The Comet.
The competition is open to two age groups - under 16s and 16 and over - and each story will be read by our panel of judges, including international best-selling author Ken Follett.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Follett said: "One piece of advice I would say would be for people to rewrite because you can always improve it.
"It's also always nice to have a zinger at the end, something to surprise the reader, and make them think about the story."
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
Mr Follett has penned A Stevenage Mystery as an example of a concise story with a sting in its tail.
The closing date for the competition is July 11 and The Comet will publish the names of the winner, and their story, on July 20.
Stories should be sent to email@example.com