Teenagers charged over death crash
TWO teenagers have been charged in connection with a road collision in which a 16-year-old boy died.
James Clennell, from Benington, died due to injuries sustained after the car he was a passenger in left the road in Melbourn Street, Royston.
Marcus Gibson, 18, of Woodland Road in Hertford, was charged with death by dangerous driving and causing death whilst driving uninsured.
A 17-year-old boy from Royston was charged with possession of an offensive weapon and using a motor vehicle without insurance.
They have been bailed and are due to appear at Stevenage Youth Court on October 13.
You may also want to watch:
The Independent Police Complaints Commission are probing the collision, which occurred during the early hours of June 20 after a police pursuit.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright