Teenagers arrested in connection with fight which broke out after Letchworth Tesco Express robbery
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers have been arrested in connection with a fight which broke out after a Tesco Express store in Letchworth was held up by a man with a baseball bat.
Officers were called to the Middlefields store at about 9.10pm on Monday night following reports that a man had threatened a female member of staff and grabbed her around the neck before making off with hundreds of pounds from the till.
A short time later an altercation occurred between a man and four other men, in which money was allegedly stolen.
Yesterday, a 19-year-old man and an 18-year-old man were arrested on suspicion of robbery in connection with the altercation.
The two teenagers – who are both from Letchworth – have been released on police bail until Thursday, December 3.
A 55-year-old man from Letchworth was arrested in connection with the Tesco Express robbery on Monday night.
He has been released on police bail until Wednesday, December 2, pending further inquiries.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
Investigating officer Det Con Ben Dixon said: “We are still investigating to establish the full circumstances of what happened that night and I would like to hear from anyone who was in the area of the shop and the park and witnessed what happened to contact me.
“The money taken from Tesco Express has not yet been recovered and I would also appeal to anyone who knows where this may be to contact me.”
Anyone who can assist is asked to contact the non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.