Teenagers arrested in Biggleswade after knife and handgun hold-ups
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers were arrested in Biggleswade on Monday after a series of hold-ups in which two people were threatened at knifepoint and a third was confronted with a gun.
Police told the Comet that at about 1.20pm, in Kempston’s Orchard Street, two teenagers threatened an elderly victim with a knife and demanded money.
Shortly thereafter a taxi driver was robbed in Sandy, after being threatened with a knife. Police later found a blade discarded in a nearby bush.
That evening in Biggleswade, an officer was flagged down by a taxi driver who reported that he had picked up two young men in Sandy who, on arrival in Biggleswade, brandished a handgun at him and demanded cash.
The victim pointed out two suspects, who were in a nearby car park. The pair tried to flee, but were quickly apprehended by an officer.
You may also want to watch:
A handgun was found discarded nearby. Police dog Harley from the Beds, Cambs and Herts Dogs Unit was deployed as part of the search.
Two teenage boys were arrested and have been charged with robbery, two counts of attempted robbery, possession of an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence, and possession of a bladed article – in connection with all three incidents.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
The pair, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, have been detained in custody ahead of a court appearance.