Teenager stabbed in Hitchin
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a teenager was stabbed in Hitchin on Sunday (July 25).
An 18-year-old man of mixed race from Stevenage sustained a puncture wound following an incident with another man, which took place between 12.20am and 12.50am in the area of Bancroft and Nightingale Road.
The injured man was walking around the area without a top on shortly after the incident took place.
He was later taken to Lister Hospital where he remains in a comfortable condition.
Investigating officer DC Ben Dixon said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the local area around the stated times and saw any unusual behaviour take place.
You may also want to watch:
“In particular did you see a black man walking around the area with a bare chest?
“Any information you provide, no matter how insignificant it may seem, could prove vital to our investigation.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Anyone with information should contact police via the non-emergency number 0845 33 00 222.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.