Teenager remains in a serious condition after sustaining stomach wound in Stevenage nightclub row
A teenager remains in a serious condition in hospital after a fight near a Stevenage nightclub left him with a stomach wound.
The 18-year-old man was injured at about 3.30am yesterday morning outside Primark in Stevenage town centre after a row with two other men which had started in nearby nightclub Flava continued outside.
The teenager was taken to the town’s Lister Hospital after being wounded, and he remains there in a serious but stable condition.
A police cordon was put up in the town centre following the incident and officers have launched an appeal for witnesses.
One of the men is described by police as black, about 6ft 1in tall and had dreadlocks, while the other was mixed race man and had afro-style hair.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sgt Mark Clawson is investigating. He said: “We are urgently seeking anyone who witnessed this incident or was in Flava or the town centre at this time. If you saw the incident, and/or the events prior to it, please contact me as soon as possible.”
Anyone with any information can call DS Clawson via police non-emergency number 101, quoting reference 0122 of 23/05/15.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use a secure form on www.crimestoppers-uk.org.