Teenager dies in front of train
A TEENAGER died after being struck by an inter-city express train as it approached Bigglewade station on Saturday morning. Oliver Holley, 18, from Upper Caldecote, died after being hit by the Harrogate to King s Cross train at the crossing for pedestrians
A TEENAGER died after being struck by an inter-city express train as it approached Bigglewade station on Saturday morning.
Oliver Holley, 18, from Upper Caldecote, died after being hit by the Harrogate to King's Cross train at the crossing for pedestrians near Furzenhall Road shortly after 11am.
The train was taken out of service and the passengers transferred to another train to continue their journey to London. The driver was treated for shock and taken off duty.
Trains through the area both inter city and suburban were brought to a halt for almost an hour.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation into the tragedy is being carried out by British Transport Police (BTP).
A BTP spokesman at King's Cross said: "The driver reported a man jumped out of bushes near the track and attempted to cross the track.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 4 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 5 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 6 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 9 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'
"Our investigation into the accident continues and a report will be sent to the coroner.