Teenager dies in crash
A TEENAGER died and another was seriously injured when a car came off the road into a field on Sunday afternoon. The Citroen Saxo was travelling on the Great Barford to Willington road when it finished upside down in a field close to the junction with the
A TEENAGER died and another was seriously injured when a car came off the road into a field on Sunday afternoon.
The Citroen Saxo was travelling on the Great Barford to Willington road when it finished upside down in a field close to the junction with the A603.
One man aged 18 and from St Neots, was pronounced dead at the scene. The other man, who is from Cambridgeshire, was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, suffering from severe head injuries. His condition remains serious.
Police are appealing for two men fishing on lakes near the accident to contact them. They left the area in a silver Citroen Saxo with a 51 registration plate.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest into the death of the teenager was opened and adjourned yesterday (Wednesday) where the cause of death was given as multiple injuries.
Police want to speak to anyone who was in the area at around 2.30pm. They should contact Pc Debbie James on 01234 842469.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus