Teenager dies in crash
A TEENAGER died and another was seriously injured when a car came off the road into a field on Sunday afternoon. The Citroen Saxo was travelling on the Great Barford to Willington road when it finished upside down in a field close to the junction with the
A TEENAGER died and another was seriously injured when a car came off the road into a field on Sunday afternoon.
The Citroen Saxo was travelling on the Great Barford to Willington road when it finished upside down in a field close to the junction with the A603.
One man aged 18 and from St Neots, was pronounced dead at the scene. The other man, who is from Cambridgeshire, was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, suffering from severe head injuries. His condition remains serious.
Police are appealing for two men fishing on lakes near the accident to contact them. They left the area in a silver Citroen Saxo with a 51 registration plate.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest into the death of the teenager was opened and adjourned yesterday (Wednesday) where the cause of death was given as multiple injuries.
Police want to speak to anyone who was in the area at around 2.30pm. They should contact Pc Debbie James on 01234 842469.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death