Teenager charged with ABH after policeman injured at Stevenage Leisure Park
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been charged with actual bodily harm and other crimes after an incident in Stevenage Leisure Park resulted in a policeman being taken to hospital.
Eighteen-year-old Israel Ogunsola has been charged with ABH, dangerous driving without a licence, having no insurance and being in possession of cannabis following an incident that took place in the early hours of Friday morning.
During the incident an officer sustained a head injury in Fulton Close – a road leading into the Leisure Park – when he and some colleagues attempted to stop the black Vauxhall Astra that Ogunsola was driving.
Ogunsola allegedly failed to stop, and continued on to Ingleside Drive where police say he and two other occupants of the car fled.
Police dogs and a police helicopter were deployed in the area, and a man was subsequently detained by officers at around 2.15am in Ingleside Drive. A short while later another two men were tracked in the same area by police dog Kobi, and they were also detained.
You may also want to watch:
All three men – one being Ogunsola – were arrested on suspicion of GBH with intent. The two other men, aged 19 and 20, were released with no further action taken against them.
The injured officer was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage and has since been discharged.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
Israel Ogunsola is due to appear at Stevenage Magistrates’ Court on December 20.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Herts police via 101, quoting reference ISR 40 of 24/11/17.