Hitchin teenager charged in connection with assault of emergency worker
- Credit: Archant
A 19–year–old man from Hitchin has been charged with assaulting an emergency worker, after he contacted police following a wanted appeal.
Omar Joof was arrested at an address in Milestone Road in the town on Monday, July 27.
He was taken to Stevenage police station, where he was subsequently charged with assaulting an emergency worker in Tilehouse Street on July, 9.
Joof was also charged with failing to comply with a Community Protection Notice – part of an anti-social behaviour order that can be made against a person.
He appeared in front of magistrates on Tuesday morning, and was subsequently released on bail.
You may also want to watch:
Joof is due to next appear at Stevenage Magistrates Court in January 2021.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds