Teenager arrested after youths target cars in Stevenage in overnight spate of vandalism
- Credit: Archant
Wing mirrors were smashed off cars and vehicles were deliberately scratched by vandals in Bedwell Crescent, Stevenage, on Sunday.
Herts police were called shortly after midnight on Saturday after reports that two males were throwing bollards at parked cars in the street.
Officers later arrested a 15-year-old youth at the scene.
He was taken to Stevenage police station and questioned on suspicion of criminal damage before being released on police bail until February 11.
The vandalism included damage to wing mirrors on a black Seat Toledo, damage to the door of a blue Honda Civic and damage to a wing mirrors of a silver Fiat Punto and a white Ford Transit van.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Herts police on 101.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 4 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds