Teenager, 17, in hospital after Biggleswade park robbery
- Credit: Archant
A teenager is in hospital after after a pair of robbers chased him into a Biggleswade park and assaulted him last night.
The 17-year-old victim was in Eagle Farm Road at about 8.30pm when the two men approached him in a black Mercedes.
They chased him into the park, assaulted him and stole his cigarettes before making off.
Police said this afternoon that the teenager was still in hospital as a result of his injures he received, but that his condition was not thought to be life-threatening.
Det Con Oly Tomlinson, who is investigating, said: “There are a number of houses that overlook the park, and so I am asking those living in the area who may remember seeing anything suspicious to get in touch.
You may also want to watch:
“I am keen to hear from anyone who has any information about who is responsible.”
Anyone with information should call 101, go to bedfordshire.police.uk/report or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 3 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 4 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?