Teen moped rider suffers serious head injury after Hitchin crash
- Credit: Archant
A teen moped rider is in a serious condition in hospital after he was involved in a collision with a car in Hitchin.
The crash happened at around 5.30pm yesterday in Bearton Road between a Ford Fiesta and the moped.
The rider was taken to hospital with a serious head injury.
An eyewitness told the Comet: “The rider collided with the car – with the bike practically splitting in two.
“There was debris everywhere. I do hope he’s going to be OK.”
You may also want to watch:
The road was re-opened at around 9.40pm.
An ambulance spokesman said: “We sent a rapid response vehicle and ambulance crew to assist.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 9 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 10 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
“We treated a man believed to be in his late teens for a serious head injury and afterwards he was taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage for further care.”
If you have any information please call the police on 101.