Teen critical after Stevenage multi-storey fall
- Credit: Archant
A TEENAGE boy has been rushed to hospital with serious injuries after falling from a multi-storey car park.
The 16-year-old sustained multiple injuries after the incident in the St Georges Way car park in the early hours of this morning (Thursday).
Paramedics attended the scene at about 1.30am and the boy was taken to Lister, before being transferred to Addenbrooke’s in Cambridge.
Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “On arrival, the boy was found with serious injuries.
“He was treated, stabilised and immobilised and given analgesia by the paramedics at the scene before he was taken to Lister Hospital for further treatment.”
You may also want to watch:
Police said they were not treating the incident as suspicious.
A spokesman said: “The incident is not being treated as suspicious at this stage. It believed he (the casualty) was taking part in the dangerous physical pursuit of ‘free running’ when the incident occurred.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 6 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 7 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 8 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes