Teen arrested on suspicion of murder after man stabbed in Hitchin
A 15-YEAR-OLD boy is being questioned by police after a man was fatally stabbed in Hitchin in the early hours of yesterday morning (Sunday).
Officers were called to a house in Milestone Road at 2.10am after receiving reports that a 36-year-old man had been stabbed.
The ambulance service was also in attendance and the man was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage, where he died.
A 15-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is currently in police custody being questioned.
The scene has been cordoned off whilst investigations take place by the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Inspector, Steve Collin, from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: “Firstly, my thoughts are with the man’s family at this distressing time.
“Whilst an arrest has been made, I would l still like to appeal for witnesses in connection with this incident. If you were in the area at the time and have information about what happened, I would urge you to make contact with police as soon as possible.”
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
Anyone with information is urged to contact police via the non-emergency number, 101. Alternatively contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.