Teddy Sheringham praises Boro character after his team grabs late equaliser
- Credit: Archant
Stevenage boss Teddy Sheringham praised his men after they grabbed a point after a late equaliser against Newport County.
The former England legend told the Comet: “I can’t fault the character, commitment, work-rate and endeavour of my men today.
“At 1-0 up we were in control, but momentum changes so quickly in football, and we were under a lot of pressure in the second half, so at 2-1 down late on it was good to see us get a goal to equalise,
“It was a tough second half for us and it was good to see Mark Hughes get the equaliser.
“I thought my team played well today, Akimyemi is a young lad, but he’s eager to learn, and I like any player that is eager to learn. I can work with players like that. Gorman too when he came on. He is another who could have a good future in the game if he continues to work hard.
You may also want to watch:
“I made sure I warned my lads at half time that any team led by Terry Butcher would not give up easily,’ before quipping, “but they don’t know I was a player, let alone Terry Butcher – so I don’t think they realised just how forcefully County would come back at us despite me making it clear.
”I am pleased with the point, but at 1-0 up we were in control. It was a tough game but I’m pleased we came away unbeaten.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?