Team Super Seraph hits £237,000 fundraising target thanks to Hitchin support
- Credit: Archant
Four-year-old Hitchin boy Seraph Thomas will head to New York for the next stage of his cancer treatment after Team Super Seraph have hit their £237,000 fundraising target.
Seraph was diagnosed with high risk neuroblastoma almost two years ago and needed treatment to reduce the chances of him relapsing.
The people of Hitchin have taken the youngster into their hearts and, despite the hefty fundraising target, enough has now been raised to send him to the United States for vital clinical treatment.
Seraph's mum, Cassia Thomas, was keen to thank Hitchin and those who fundraised, saying: "This town is special. We knew it as soon as we came here. We just didn't know how special.
"We will never forget what this extraordinary community has done for us. The support for our family has been astounding, with Hitchin at the very heart of it.
You may also want to watch:
"To all the friends and strangers, and strangers who are now friends, the businesses, big and small, and the schools and children who've been so much part of this too, we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts."
Laura Cole, a family friend and Hitchin Girls' School teacher, has been one among many supporting Team Super Seraph. She issued her thanks, adding: "It has been amazing the support received and the whole team are feeling over whelmed with gratitude for the wonderful community of Hitchin who have pulled together remarkably to embrace Seraph and his family!
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
"There is barely a business in Hitchin who aren't involved somehow and nearly every school has been involved too with cake sales, fairs, dress down days to name but a few events."
The following events are still set to take place for Team Super Seraph:
- May 15 - Mostly Comedy at the Queen Mother Theatre, Walsworth Road.
- May 18 - Baldock Jumble Sale for Seraph at Baldock Community Centre.
- May 18 - Children's Art Exhibition at Hitchin Youth Trust.
- May 30 - Team Super Seraph Cheese and Wine Night at The Victoria in Ickleford Road.
- June 1 - Super Seraph fun afternoon at Secret Garden in Sun Street.
- June 1 - Retro 80s party at The Victoria.
- June 2 - Ickledub at Hitchin Lavender in Arlesey Road.
To donate visit solvingkidscancer.org.uk/campaigns/seraph.