Teachers take a back seat
STUDENTS got the rare chance to take over from their teachers and give a lesson to find out what their fellow classmates think of their school. Teachers at Barnwell School, Stevenage, were relegated to bystanders and it was the students who gave the lesso
STUDENTS got the rare chance to take over from their teachers and give a lesson to find out what their fellow classmates think of their school.
Teachers at Barnwell School, Stevenage, were relegated to bystanders and it was the students who gave the lessons.
For more than an hour school council representatives got to work to find out what their classmates thought of the school and how it can be improved.
Having decided in year and school council meetings what they wanted to cover, the students then organised the session themselves.
You may also want to watch:
Form representatives in each class were trained by other students and they led the session with their class.
At the end of the day the points raised by the students were collected and will become part of the schools improvement plan.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
Headteacher Richard Westergreen-Thorne, said: "I believe strongly in giving students the opportunity to be fully involved in the life of the school.
"It is their school and they should feel involved and part of it. In addition, it gave a lot of students the experience of teaching and leading groups of people.
"We will be putting many of the students' suggestions in to practice.