Taser and drugs seized in Stevenage during early morning raid
- Credit: Archant
Police seized a taser and drugs during a raid at a house in Stevenage yesterday morning.
At around 7.30am, officers from the Stevenage Operation Scorpion and Safer Neighbourhood Teams executed the warrant in Archer Road.
They forced entry to the address and carried out a search, seizing a large quantity of suspected Class A and B drugs, as well as a taser.
A 23-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class A and B drugs and possession of a firearm. He remains in police custody.
The warrant was granted after a number of complaints from residents.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Sergeant Fay Tooley said: “The warrant was part of our continued commitment to tackle those involved in the supply of drugs.
“We recognise the impact this activity has on the local community and will utilise a full range of policing tactics to target those we believe to be involved in criminal activity.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
“We will continue to work with partners and the local community to gather intelligence and provide reassurance.”
If you have information relating to drug activity, call the non-emergency number 101, or report online at herts.police.uk/report.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or report online at crimestoppers-uk.org.