Tansey sees plenty of quality in team-mates
- Credit: Archant
“Players will definitely be able to step up to this level”, says midfielder
Greg Tansey says Stevenage’s new players have the quality to compete at League 1 following the 4-3 defeat at home to Oldham Athletic.
The midfielder, starting his second season at the club, was partly to blame for Oldham’s third goal when a mix-up between himself and Luke Freeman at a Stevenage corner allowed Cristian Montano to steal the ball on the edge of his own box before making his way upfield and making it 3-1.
Tansey then scored before Filipe Morais made it 3-3 only for the Latics to get a late penalty to take all three points.
Speaking afterwards, Boro’s second goalscorer said: “There are positives to take. We scored three goals at home, but their goals are definitely ones we look at and feel really disappointed with.
You may also want to watch:
“Two penalties and I’m partly to blame for the third one that broke away. I couldn’t really bring him down because I was on a booking. It is really, really disappointing but there are positives to take.
“Our new players coming in, some lads that haven’t played in league 1 before. They are very good players, [they are] players that will definitely be able to step up to this level.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell
“I remember when I made my debut you’re very nervous, you just want to get through it, but they’re strong characters.
“We know it wasn’t going to be an easy ride. We know where we want to be at the end of the season and all the boys are pulling in the right direction to go there.”