Tamworth assistant boss confident that injury crisis will be resolved before Boro clash
Tamworth assistant boss Darron Gee is confident the club s injury crisis will clear up before the Lambs opening day fixture against Boro. Tamworth had to cancel a friendly against Chasetown on Tuesday due to a lack of players being available and Gee ad
Tamworth assistant boss Darron Gee is confident the club's injury crisis will clear up before the Lambs' opening day fixture against Boro.
Tamworth had to cancel a friendly against Chasetown on Tuesday due to a lack of players being available and Gee admitted that his squad is struggling in terms of numbers.
But the Tamworth No.2 hopes a number of injuries will clear up in time to face Graham Westley's men on August 8.
"It's been a nightmare for us in terms of injuries this week," Gee told The Tamworth Herald. "When you are working with a small squad, that's the fear that you have.
You may also want to watch:
"In an ideal world you would have a 20 man squad but we are not in a position to do that."
Despite a troubled pre-season due to the injuries, Gee added that the Blue Square North champions are heading in the right direction and will be ready to put on a performance against Boro in eight days time.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 9 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 10 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
"We are moving in the right direction - the way that we wanted to be.
"We are not the finished article yet but you don't want to be. You want to be the finished article on August 8, it's as simple as that."
Boro face their last pre-season friendly at The Lamex Stadium tonight when Southend come to town. Westley is expected to give the majority of his squad a taste of first team action over the next two days with Boro travelling to Woking tomorrow.