Talented Stotfold Twirlers now have national champion in Mila
- Credit: Archant
A group of girls have returned home from the finals of a national competition with a champion among their number.
Stotfold Twirlers took part in the British Baton Twirling Sports Association National Finals, with 14-year-old Mila Crook, who attends Priory School in Hitchin, triumphing in the category ‘dance twirl’.
Mila’s mum Sonia Crook, who runs the club which trains at Fairfield Community Hall in Stotfold, said: “It’s a great achievement we’ve come back with a national champion – it’s only the second national champion for us.
“We also gained other impressive results including 15-year-old Victoria Salisbury, who goes to Fearnhill School in Letchworth, claiming sixth place in the ‘artistic pair’ with Mila. Victoria also gained fifth places in the ‘solo’ and ‘fancy’ slots.
“The girls thoroughly deserve their results.
You may also want to watch:
“Please email me at Sonia.Crook@hotmail.com for more information.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 6 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 9 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 10 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child