Talented singer Jayne’s call for more male members is set to create even bigger Glee in Hitchin!
- Credit: Archant
A talented pianist and composer from Hitchin who runs Glee-themed singing classes has launched an appeal for more men to join her group.
Jayne Mason runs 90-minute classes from 7.45pm on Thursdays at St Faith’s Church in Woolgrove Road, singing numbers made popular by the musical comedy-drama TV series.
She said: “We are going from strength to strength and now have 25 members – but only have one male voice!
“It would be great to put out a call to the men of Hitchin asking for them to join our group – although I did have to stop myself when I found myself asking for more male members the other day!”
There’s no auditions or solos, and you don’t need any previous experience of singing in a choir to join the Hitchin group – one of many Glee Club UK classes across the country.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more call Jayne on 07505 491713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed