Talented Jamie’s set for Hitchin Festival with Collabro
- Credit: Archant
As a fantastic final curtain to this year’s Hitchin Festival, Britain’s Got Talent winners Collabro will conclude their sell-out national tour in the town – while also raising money for The Dyspraxia Foundation.
From the world of film and musical theatre the quartet – made up of Michael Auger, Matthew Pagan, Thomas J Redgrave and Jamie Lambert, who is a patron of the Hitchin-based charity – will be playing on Saturday from 7.30pm.
The concert is to be held at the iconic 12th century St Mary’s Church in Churchyard, and features the boys’ inimitable take on such crowd pleasers as Music of the Night from Phantom and I Dreamed a Dream from Les Miserables, the Lion King’s The Circle of Life, and much more.
Speaking exclusively to the Comet, Jamie, who was diagnosed with dyspraxia 15 years ago, said: “I’m really looking forward to coming to Hitchin with Collabro to take part in such a great event.
“It’s also for a cause close to my heart – through my work as a patron of The Dyspraxia Foundation. It’s a very misunderstood condition as it used to be cruelly and incorrectly labelled ‘clumsy child syndrome’, and it affects up to six per cent of kids in the UK.
“However I want to stress it shouldn’t get in the way of people achieving their goals – I believe I’m a prime example of this as I’m proud to be part of Collabro who won Britain’s Got Talent in 2014.
“We can’t wait to perform as the last act of the brilliant Hitchin Festival!”
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 3 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 9 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 10 Hertfordshire businesses honoured in Muddy Stilettos Awards 2022
Tickets cost £20 and are available from Hitchin Initiative, with a limited number of VIP meet and mingle tickets left. Call 01462 453335 to book.